Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Mar 31
Sep 6-Mar 31
The Visual Effects and Editing for Contemporary Media program will build on your graphic design, photo and video editing, broadcasting or animation skills, giving you the advanced tools to succeed as a ¬specialized post-production professional.
In this post-graduate certificate program, you’ll learn the theory of digital technology and become proficient in using software for video and audio editing, motion graphics, 3D animation, compositing and visual effects. You’ll also get practical instruction in real-life client settings and an internship within the post-production industry, gaining valuable experience and industry connections.
You’ll emerge from the program with the technical skills, knowledge and practical tools for a career in advanced post-production. You’ll be able to show potential employers your creative abilities with a professional demo reel, and apply the theories you’ve learned in a practical setting.
What You’ll Learn
- Create complex visual effects utilizing professional compositing techniques such as Chromakey, Motion Tracking, Rotoscoping & Matting.
- Apply advanced Post Production concepts while working collaboratively in the industry.
- Analyze and critique professional projects using proper terminology.
- Operate Post Production industry standard computer software and hardware.
- Combine and manipulate audio, video, graphics and animation elements.
- Manage and organize large amounts of media, files and documents on digital devices.
- Model, render and integrate 3D elements into video projects using professional techniques.
- Trouble shoot and problem solve video and computer issues during the creation Post Production projects.
- Edit and mix audio elements for use in video productions.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Mar 31
Student Reviews (2)
As a university graduate, the Advanced Filmmaking program at Fanshawe was an incredibly welcome change of pace. It’s allowed me to focus on the hands-on aspect of filmmaking that I did not have the chance to learn while in University. The shift from ...
As a university graduate, the Advanced Filmmaking program at Fanshawe was an incredibly welcome change of pace. It’s allowed me to focus on the hands-on aspect of filmmaking that I did not have the chance to learn while in University. The shift from reading theories and essay writing to producing content and connecting with my fellow filmmakers was exactly what I needed.
The environment of AFM is a lot more intimate than the university experience. You are always working in groups to create projects and receiving constant feedback from the professors. If you want to learn the ins and outs making a film, and meet the people who are going to help you do it, there is no better place to go than Fanshawe’s Advanced Filmmaking program.