Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 5-Apr 26
Sep 5-Apr 26
Jan 8 - Aug 30 2024
May 6 - Dec 20 2024
This post- graduate program provides graduates with the skills and knowledge to efficiently manage all aspects of a project to achieve organizational goals in a competitive global environment.
This program is designed for college and university students to enhance their education and acquire the skills to meet the growing demand for project managers in the global economy. Efficient project management has become a key element in the success of today’s organizations. Professionals in this field help to drive innovation and growth within the organization and facilitate the successful completion of projects. The increasing complexity of today’s business environment requires a focus on business basics and well – developed project management skills. There is a globally accepted skill base required for effective project management. The content of this program aligns with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide, 6th ed.) as defined by the Project Management Institute (PMI®), a worldwide industry organization association that maintains standards and credentials and certifies project management professionals in 185 countries.
Program courses are designed to guide students in the development of technical project management, leadership, organizational, interpersonal, meeting and presentation skills. Students will be introduced to traditional project management techniques as well as those from Agile Project Management and Lean Six Sigma standards. Successful completion of this program will prepare students to pursue project coordination, leadership and management roles with organizations in a wide variety of sectors including business, technology, health care, engineering, government and not for profit. Typical positions for graduates of the program may include: Business Analyst, Project Analyst, Project Control Analyst, Project Coordinator, Project Leader, Project Manager, Project Officer and Project Schedule Analyst.
What You’ll Learn
- Manage the scope, cost, timing, and quality of the project, at all times focused on project success as defined by project stakeholders.
- Align the project to the organization’s strategic plans and business justification throughout its lifecycle.
- Identify project goals, constraints, deliverables, performance criteria, control needs, and resource requirements in consultation with stakeholders.
- Implement the PMI project management knowledge areas, processes, lifecycle phases and the embodied concepts, tools and techniques in order to achieve project success.
- Adapt projects in response to issues that arise internally and externally including organizational change.
- Interact with team and stakeholders in a professional manner, respecting differences, to ensure a collaborative project environment.
- Utilise technology tools for communication, collaboration, information management, and decision support.
- Implement general business concepts, practices, and tools to facilitate project success.
- Reflect on their role and effectiveness as a leader and follower.
- Apply ethical principles and corporate social responsibility to business decisions and plans.
- Apply national and international regulations that impact upon projects and their management.
- Adapt project management practices to meet the needs of stakeholders from multiple sectors of the economy (i.e., manufacturing, technology, consulting, government, arts, media, and not-for-profit organizations).
- Apply project management practices to the launch of new programs, initiatives, products, services, and events relative to the needs of stakeholders.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 5-Apr 26