Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 3-Aug 27
Sep 3-Aug 27
Put your imagination to work in the exciting world of animation. You could be working on the latest animated TV series or feature film, animating a triple-A game or doing visual effects for a Hollywood blockbuster.
Animation – Digital Production is a program in 3D and 2D digital animation, which focuses on character performance and storytelling, supported by modelling and rigging, cinematics, lighting, surfacing, and design. The production pipeline and career paths are studied in depth. This challenging and diverse program of study will ensure you can handle any professional challenge in the animation, visual effects or gaming industries.
The Animation – Digital Production program was developed with input from veterans in the animation, games and visual effects industries and continues to garner enthusiastic support from studios and professional artists across the country.
What You’ll Learn
- Design, create and animate objects and characters with naturalistic and expressive movements and poses.
- Design and create hand-drawn and/or computer-generated drawings using principles of art, design and composition.
- Select and use appropriate tools and technologies for the development of animation projects.
- Contribute to the planning, implementation and evaluation of animation projects.
- Plan, develop and execute a series of effective and believable animation sequences.
- Create and enhance the production of animation sequences and projects using a variety of principles and techniques related to cinematography and art direction.
- Use storytelling skills to create and enhance the development and execution of animation sequences.
- Use performance theory and skills to create and enhance animation.
- Design and produce layouts using perspective, composition and colour theory to enhance visual presentation and mood.
- Present and defend a visual concept to a target audience.
- Use computer skills and appropriate digital asset management techniques to function effectively within a production pipeline.
- Develop, assemble and present a demo reel or portfolio in a manner that meets current industry expectations, and highlights one’s creativity, skills and proficiency with relevant animation software and related technologies.
- Model and rig objects, characters and background elements.
- Light and texture objects, characters and sets using a range of appropriate tools and techniques.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 3-Aug 27
Student Reviews (1)
This is a good local college with pretty strong networks around Oshawa and Ontario. They even have a decent reputation for applied technical research with loads of support from the City of Oshawa and partnerships with Ontario Tech and others schools (s...
This is a good local college with pretty strong networks around Oshawa and Ontario. They even have a decent reputation for applied technical research with loads of support from the City of Oshawa and partnerships with Ontario Tech and others schools (same campus).
Campus life will be more exciting at universities and other colleges, but I was working with a young family when I started my program and that didn't matter to me. Definitely an international student body and with new buildings going up it seems there's a lot of growth happening.
The most important thing for me was that they had great profs who cared about my success and made introductions for me to industry. Overall, very happy with my decision.