Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Aug 30
Sep 6-Aug 30
Jan 3 - Dec 20 2024
In this two-year diploma program, you will use building systems software to learn leading theory and practice for heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, air handling, electricity and control systems. You will learn the principles of energy efficiency, including the exploration of emerging renewable energy technologies, which are a major component.
What You’ll Learn
- Theory and practice of heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, air handling, electricity and control systems.
- Awareness of environmental considerations.
- Energy efficiency principles.
- Building system software.
- Analyze and solve complex technical problems related to mechanical environments through the application of engineering principles.
- Analyze and prepare graphics and other technical documents to appropriate engineering standards.
- Use computer hardware and software to support the engineering environment.
- Apply knowledge of manufacturing processes to the design of components
- Apply knowledge of materials and engineering principles to manufacturing operations and processes.
- Apply knowledge of machinery, tools, and other equipment used in manufacturing processes.
- Specify, coordinate, and conduct quality control and quality assurance procedures.
- Use and maintain documentation, inventory, and records systems.
- Participate in the management of an engineering project.
Students meeting all academic requirements may have the opportunity to complete an optional work term(s) in a formal work environment. The work term(s) is similar in length to an academic semester and typically involves full-time work hours that may be paid or unpaid. In programs with limited work term opportunities, additional academic requirements and a passing grade on a communication assessment may be required for eligibility. Eligibility for participation does not guarantee a work position will be secured. Additional fees are required for those participating in the optional work term stream regardless of success in securing a work position.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Aug 30
Student Reviews (6)
I am a full-time student who began the Social Service Worker program online during Covid. There was no warning that these classes would ever be in-person. IT WAS IMMEDIATELY DENIED when I asked for an academic allowance to avoid going in person due to ...
I am a full-time student who began the Social Service Worker program online during Covid. There was no warning that these classes would ever be in-person. IT WAS IMMEDIATELY DENIED when I asked for an academic allowance to avoid going in person due to working full-time and being a single parent. I was given a choice to do transfer credit with another institution (that they would not provide any course code information), fail the courses for not being there, and bring my daughter to class (which I will have to do). Absolutely ridiculous that no accommodation could be made, as I was not asking for anything that was not already in place for two years!! After speaking with a counsellor, academic advisors, and program managers and writing the PRESIDENT of Seneca, I was forced to go to Human Rights!! Do not suggest this school at all!!! And I am an alumnus of 3 other programs!! Save yourselves the aggravation and choose another school.
All teachers will tell you at the beginning of your courses that the best way to get a job is through recommendations from them. One teacher told us about all the students that burned him, or spoke up about him, and now "aren't working in the industry"...
All teachers will tell you at the beginning of your courses that the best way to get a job is through recommendations from them. One teacher told us about all the students that burned him, or spoke up about him, and now "aren't working in the industry".
So if you have any issues with any of the teachers, it almost guarantees silence if you want to work in this industry. Seneca course instructor reviews gave no space for comments about the teacher.
One teacher did not show up for 4.5 out of 14 classes, tells us to watch other classes he has taught, gives no guidance.
Many teachers do not respond to questions outside of class if you need help, messaging 3+ times with the same question.
A few teachers have encouraged stealing from other artists without explaining what that means. Which has led to some questionable behaviors from some students.
Understanding that this is a professional program and that comes with certain issues is ok. But it's also a school, and many teachers leave you to learn through linkedin learning, youtube tutorials, etc.
Spend your thousands somewhere else.