Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 7-Aug 25
Sep 7-Aug 25
Jan 4 - Dec 22 2023
In this two-year diploma program, you will use building systems software to learn leading theory and practice for heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, air handling, electricity and control systems. You will learn the principles of energy efficiency, including the exploration of emerging renewable energy technologies, which are a major component.
What You’ll Learn
- Theory and practice of heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, air handling, electricity and control systems.
- Awareness of environmental considerations.
- Energy efficiency principles.
- Building system software.
- Analyze and solve complex technical problems related to mechanical environments through the application of engineering principles.
- Analyze and prepare graphics and other technical documents to appropriate engineering standards.
- Use computer hardware and software to support the engineering environment.
- Apply knowledge of manufacturing processes to the design of components
- Apply knowledge of materials and engineering principles to manufacturing operations and processes.
- Apply knowledge of machinery, tools, and other equipment used in manufacturing processes.
- Specify, coordinate, and conduct quality control and quality assurance procedures.
- Use and maintain documentation, inventory, and records systems.
- Participate in the management of an engineering project.
Students meeting all academic requirements may have the opportunity to complete an optional work term(s) in a formal work environment. The work term(s) is similar in length to an academic semester and typically involves full-time work hours that may be paid or unpaid. In programs with limited work term opportunities, additional academic requirements and a passing grade on a communication assessment may be required for eligibility. Eligibility for participation does not guarantee a work position will be secured. Additional fees are required for those participating in the optional work term stream regardless of success in securing a work position.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 7-Aug 25
Student Reviews (1)
This is a new program. A group of companies approached Seneca to create cybersecurity curriculum before the pandemic. There are technical people able to fill roles but it's hard to find technical people to manage these projects -- I think that's why th...
This is a new program. A group of companies approached Seneca to create cybersecurity curriculum before the pandemic. There are technical people able to fill roles but it's hard to find technical people to manage these projects -- I think that's why this was born. Courses include OS security, ethical hacking, mobile app security design, firewalls/VPNs, computer forensics and more, and it ends with a capstone project. Seneca also offers CISSP certification training.