Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jan 8-Aug 30
Jan 8-Aug 30
This eight-month graduate certificate program will help you discover the world of opportunity in the multibillion-dollar hospitality and tourism industry. As this sector is constantly innovating and growing, there is a greater need for globally-minded professionals with business management skills. This program will position you to be a sought-after professional in one of the most service-driven industries in the world.
You will learn key business development practices and be able to identify the opportunities and challenges of conducting business in today’s technology-based markets. Whether in traditional high demand areas or emerging markets, you will gain the knowledge and skills to succeed in a culturally diverse global environment, allowing you to work anywhere in the world.
Integrated fieldwork is an essential element of this program, providing a way to integrate classroom learning in real business situations and helping you build a network of contacts ahead of graduation. In this integrated fieldwork, you will benefit from completing real business projects in a professional setting. This component is critical to your success and a requirement to graduate.
As a student of this program, you have the opportunity to earn a Global Hospitality Business Development MBA degree in one of the leading Hotel and Tourism Management schools in the world – IMI International Management Institute Switzerland in Luzern. Once you have completed Global Hospitality Business Development program at Seneca, you can apply to IMI for one-term (11-week) to complete the MBA program and further progress within your management career in the industry.
What You’ll Learn
- Support business development by taking into account economic, political, social, global, and intercultural factors that influence the development of services, marketing strategies, customer retention, and sales programs.
- Use qualitative and quantitative metrics to recommend services marketing and sales strategies in a global context.
- Inform financial decision making that complies with jurisdictional practices.
- Recommend strategies to maintain efficient, safe, secure, accessible and healthy hospitality and tourism operations that reduce risk and comply with jurisdictional legislation and legal obligation.
- Support business development through the implementation of corporate sustainability, corporate social responsibility, and ethics principles.
- Evaluate existing business and marketing programs to generate recommendations for local and global initiatives that support the strategic alignment of the organization’s business plan.
- Use project management principles, tools, and techniques to define timelines and project deliverables for all members of cross-functional, intercultural, and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Support the development of a service delivery model and implementation plan to account for practices within global settings.
- Optimize negotiation frameworks to win support within various organizations across jurisdictions and cultural settings.
- Prepare verbal, written and digital materials for the procurement of local and global services and commodities.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Jan 8-Aug 30
Student Reviews (9)
I did my post-grad in event marketing in sports, arts, and entertainment and loved it! The instructors wanted you to succeed, they were informative, and they helped in any way they could. The classes were about 40 people and there was a lot of group wo...
I did my post-grad in event marketing in sports, arts, and entertainment and loved it! The instructors wanted you to succeed, they were informative, and they helped in any way they could. The classes were about 40 people and there was a lot of group work involved. Course work was relevant and interesting and could be applied into real-life. Co-op was available and really helped in jumpstarting your career. If you're into group work, marketing and events, and collaborating, this program is for you! Loved this program and wish I took it sooner!