Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jan 3-Sep 3
Jan 3-Sep 3
May 1 - Jan 1 2024
This eight-month graduate certificate program will help you discover the world of opportunity in the multibillion-dollar hospitality and tourism industry. As this sector is constantly innovating and growing, there is a greater need for globally-minded professionals with business management skills. This program will position you to be a sought-after professional in one of the most service-driven industries in the world.
You will learn key business development practices and be able to identify the opportunities and challenges of conducting business in today’s technology-based markets. Whether in traditional high demand areas or emerging markets, you will gain the knowledge and skills to succeed in a culturally diverse global environment, allowing you to work anywhere in the world.
Integrated fieldwork is an essential element of this program, providing a way to integrate classroom learning in real business situations and helping you build a network of contacts ahead of graduation. In this integrated fieldwork, you will benefit from completing real business projects in a professional setting. This component is critical to your success and a requirement to graduate.
As a student of this program, you have the opportunity to earn a Global Hospitality Business Development MBA degree in one of the leading Hotel and Tourism Management schools in the world – IMI International Management Institute Switzerland in Luzern. Once you have completed Global Hospitality Business Development program at Seneca, you can apply to IMI for one-term (11-week) to complete the MBA program and further progress within your management career in the industry.
What You’ll Learn
- Support business development by taking into account economic, political, social, global, and intercultural factors that influence the development of services, marketing strategies, customer retention, and sales programs.
- Use qualitative and quantitative metrics to recommend services marketing and sales strategies in a global context.
- Inform financial decision making that complies with jurisdictional practices.
- Recommend strategies to maintain efficient, safe, secure, accessible and healthy hospitality and tourism operations that reduce risk and comply with jurisdictional legislation and legal obligation.
- Support business development through the implementation of corporate sustainability, corporate social responsibility, and ethics principles.
- Evaluate existing business and marketing programs to generate recommendations for local and global initiatives that support the strategic alignment of the organization’s business plan.
- Use project management principles, tools, and techniques to define timelines and project deliverables for all members of cross-functional, intercultural, and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Support the development of a service delivery model and implementation plan to account for practices within global settings.
- Optimize negotiation frameworks to win support within various organizations across jurisdictions and cultural settings.
- Prepare verbal, written and digital materials for the procurement of local and global services and commodities.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Jan 3-Sep 3
Student Reviews (6)
I am a full-time student who began the Social Service Worker program online during Covid. There was no warning that these classes would ever be in-person. IT WAS IMMEDIATELY DENIED when I asked for an academic allowance to avoid going in person due to ...
I am a full-time student who began the Social Service Worker program online during Covid. There was no warning that these classes would ever be in-person. IT WAS IMMEDIATELY DENIED when I asked for an academic allowance to avoid going in person due to working full-time and being a single parent. I was given a choice to do transfer credit with another institution (that they would not provide any course code information), fail the courses for not being there, and bring my daughter to class (which I will have to do). Absolutely ridiculous that no accommodation could be made, as I was not asking for anything that was not already in place for two years!! After speaking with a counsellor, academic advisors, and program managers and writing the PRESIDENT of Seneca, I was forced to go to Human Rights!! Do not suggest this school at all!!! And I am an alumnus of 3 other programs!! Save yourselves the aggravation and choose another school.
All teachers will tell you at the beginning of your courses that the best way to get a job is through recommendations from them. One teacher told us about all the students that burned him, or spoke up about him, and now "aren't working in the industry"...
All teachers will tell you at the beginning of your courses that the best way to get a job is through recommendations from them. One teacher told us about all the students that burned him, or spoke up about him, and now "aren't working in the industry".
So if you have any issues with any of the teachers, it almost guarantees silence if you want to work in this industry. Seneca course instructor reviews gave no space for comments about the teacher.
One teacher did not show up for 4.5 out of 14 classes, tells us to watch other classes he has taught, gives no guidance.
Many teachers do not respond to questions outside of class if you need help, messaging 3+ times with the same question.
A few teachers have encouraged stealing from other artists without explaining what that means. Which has led to some questionable behaviors from some students.
Understanding that this is a professional program and that comes with certain issues is ok. But it's also a school, and many teachers leave you to learn through linkedin learning, youtube tutorials, etc.
Spend your thousands somewhere else.