Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 7-Aug 25
Sep 7-Aug 25
In this two-year diploma program, you will be working with experienced faculty to gain the knowledge, skills and judgment required for competent clinical nursing practice. You will study anatomy, physiology, English, as well as psychology which will prepare you to write the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination. In addition, you will participate in a variety of learning modalities, online interactive learning, collaborative group learning, simulation experiences and direct nursing care in a variety of healthcare settings.
What You’ll Learn
- Communicate therapeutically with clients and members of the health care team.
- Assess clients across the life span, in a systematic and holistic manner.
- Plan safe and competent nursing care, based upon a thorough analysis of available data and evidence-informed practice guidelines.
- Select and perform nursing interventions using clinical judgment, in collaboration with the client and, where appropriate, the health care team, that promote health and well-being, prevent disease and injury, maintain and/or restore health, promote rehabilitation, and/or provide palliation.
- Evaluate the outcomes resulting from all interventions in the nurse-client interaction and modify the plan of care as required.
- Act equitably and justly with clients and members of the health care team.
- Adapt to a variety of health care settings, using different leadership skills and styles as appropriate to each setting.
- Contribute to creating a healthy and safe work environment in a variety of health care settings.
- Practise in a self-regulated, professional and ethical manner, complying with relevant legislation and with the standards of both the regulatory body and the practice setting to provide safe and competent client care.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 7-Aug 25
Student Reviews (1)
This is a new program. A group of companies approached Seneca to create cybersecurity curriculum before the pandemic. There are technical people able to fill roles but it's hard to find technical people to manage these projects -- I think that's why th...
This is a new program. A group of companies approached Seneca to create cybersecurity curriculum before the pandemic. There are technical people able to fill roles but it's hard to find technical people to manage these projects -- I think that's why this was born. Courses include OS security, ethical hacking, mobile app security design, firewalls/VPNs, computer forensics and more, and it ends with a capstone project. Seneca also offers CISSP certification training.