Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Aug 25
Sep 6-Aug 25
Build on your existing skills and talents by learning the technical and creative process of 3D animation! Sheridan’s instructors will guide you through an intense curriculum, teaching you all of the stages required to create compelling moving images. Enjoy creative and technical flexibility in your final projects, allowing you to explore and specialize.
What You’ll Learn
- Apply cinematic language to animated projects to create a desired and coherent visual experience.
- Utilize advanced techniques of modeling, surfacing, and rigging in the creation of assets to meet or advance industry standards.
- Apply the principles of animation and the physics of motion in the creation of compelling moving images.
- Utilize the principles of the pre-production pipeline to conceptualize projects.
- Create convincing performances in animated characters.
- Employ software techniques specific to the field of animation to efficiently and accurately achieve the desired creative vision.
- Synthesize relevant research strategies and methodologies within a practice-based discipline to develop effective and creative solutions.
- Develop lighting, shading, rendering and compositing techniques to achieve the artistic vision of the final frame.
- Utilize scripting to problem solve and to increase efficiency in the workflow.
- Produce a portfolio of work that demonstrates technical and artistic competencies that meet industry expectations.
- Meet declared milestones in a production pipeline to ensure efficient project management and effective communication with colleagues and clients.
- Develop and use personal and professional strategies and plans to model professional growth and job performance.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Aug 25
Student Reviews (1)
There's a weird narrative out there about Sheridan only caring about international students. I'm a domestic student and I finished my advanced diploma in marketing last year, which included the search marketing course. My profs were industry profession...
There's a weird narrative out there about Sheridan only caring about international students. I'm a domestic student and I finished my advanced diploma in marketing last year, which included the search marketing course. My profs were industry professionals who were extremely helpful and approachable. Most of them knew me by my first name.
I'm working at an agency in downtown Toronto right now and loving every second of it. I highly recommend the school and the program.