Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Aug 28
Sep 6-Aug 28
In Sheridan’s Animation degree program, you’ll learn from industry professionals, using the same techniques and tools that you’ll eventually need in the workplace. Using state-of-the-art software and hardware, you’ll create your own stories, designs, characters and layouts, and produce your own films.
By the end of the program, the graduate will have demonstrated the ability to create quality animation performance through a creative and professional portfolio using principles of animation, drawing, design, cinematic storytelling, artistic expertise and innovation. The graduate will have exhibited a personal and professional commitment to artistic growth and cultural literacy that conveys passion, confidence, a collaborative and independent spirit, refined communications skills, and the adaptability to work within a dynamic animation community.
What You’ll Learn
- Create animated sequences from the development of the original concept through design to final film or video production.
- Communicate ideas, believable action and emotion effectively by employing principles of animation and performance in all aspects of drawing.
- Integrate the concepts, principles and theories involved in the physics of animation in all aspects of drawing.
- Refine personal narrative voice that holistically integrates the elements of storytelling and performance in order to actively engage the audience.
- Create 2D and 3D characters and environments that reflect the integration of graphic clarity, design principles, performance principles and theoretical constructs.
- Design layouts and backgrounds that incorporate principles of composition, perspective and colour, with speed, accuracy and dexterity, using a variety of media.
- Create an animated film incorporating a range of artistic styles and techniques, reflecting the principle that form follows function.
- Coordinate and manage the production of a student film, including the aspects of cinematography, art direction and editing.
- Collaborate effectively with peers on film projects.
- Use critical thinking skills and problem solving strategies in all dimensions of development and production.
- Manage targets within the production schedule to effectively achieve completion of required tasks.
- Communicate ideas, emotion and intent effectively in visual, oral and written forms.
- Generate work that reflects initiative, creativity, adaptability and personal style.
- Create animation that incorporates the basic principles of constructive anatomy and drawing using economy of expression.
- Incorporate technology effectively in the development of animation projects.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Aug 28
Student Reviews (1)
There's a weird narrative out there about Sheridan only caring about international students. I'm a domestic student and I finished my advanced diploma in marketing last year, which included the search marketing course. My profs were industry profession...
There's a weird narrative out there about Sheridan only caring about international students. I'm a domestic student and I finished my advanced diploma in marketing last year, which included the search marketing course. My profs were industry professionals who were extremely helpful and approachable. Most of them knew me by my first name.
I'm working at an agency in downtown Toronto right now and loving every second of it. I highly recommend the school and the program.