Last Updated: October 1th, 2017.
- The Service. CourseCompare.ca provides a comparison service for education providers including courses, degree programs and part-time classes to allow Users to compare key data and evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of Education Providers in order to select the Education Products that such Users believe to be best suited to their needs. In addition, there are certain Education Providers listed on the Website for which we do not have access to detailed information about features and benefits. For such products, you can submit your contact information (see further Section 3, below), and we will forward your information and request directly to the third party Education Provider (“Vendor”), who will contact you with more information about the requested Product (the “Services”).
- Service Disclaimer. By using the Services, you understand and acknowledge that CourseCompare.ca provides a platform for Users to get information on and compare third party Education Products. CourseCompare.ca makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy of any information contained on the Website, and shall not be responsible for any inaccuracies, misrepresentations, errors or omissions in the information provided therein, and some information may not always be up to date.
- Request Forms. For certain Education Products, you may need to fill out a request form (“Request Form”) for more information about the Education Product. If you fill out a Request Form you will be asked to provide personal information including your name, email address and phone number. We will forward your Request Form to applicable the Vendor, who will then contact you. You hereby consent to our collecting and processing the information you provide in your Request Form, and submitting it to the Vendor providing the Education Product you are interested in.
- CourseCompare.ca Fees. The Website and Service is free for Users; however, Users understand and agree that CourseCompare.ca may receive fees for submitting Request Forms or making referrals to certain Vendors and/or our partner organizations.
- User Content. All information, data, text, comments, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted to the Website by Users whether in forums or otherwise (“User Content”), is the sole responsibility of such Users. This means that Users, and not CourseCompare.ca, are entirely responsible for all such material uploaded, posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available by using the Service. CourseCompare.ca does not control or actively monitor User Content and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content. Users acknowledge that by using the Service, they may be exposed to materials that are offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will CourseCompare.ca be liable in any way for any materials, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any materials or any defects or errors in any printing or manufacturing, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the viewing or use of any User Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
In using the Website and/or Service You shall not:
- copy any content unless expressly permitted to do so herein;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that:
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially or ethnically objectionable, encourages criminal behavior, gives rise to civil liability, violates any law, or is otherwise objectionable;
- you do not have a right to make available under any law or under a contractual relationship;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party (including privacy rights);
- is or contains unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations for business, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or data or the Website or that of any users or viewers of the Website or that compromises a user’s privacy; or
- contains any falsehoods or misrepresentations or create an impression that You know is incorrect, misleading, or deceptive, or any material that could damage or harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent their affiliation with a person or entity;
- interfere with or disrupt the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website or probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation;
- collect or store personal data about other users or viewers;
- license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Website;
- modify, translate, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any software provided as part of the Website, except to the extent the foregoing restrictions are expressly prohibited by applicable law; or
- register for the Service on behalf of a group or corporate entity.
- License of Content. By submitting, posting or displaying User Content on or through the Service, you grant us (and our providers) a non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, modify, transmit, display and distribute such User Content. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any User Content that you submit.
- End User License. Except for User Content and Vendor Content, this Website, and the information and materials that it contains, including the comparisons and analyses of the Education Products we provide are the intellectual property and/or proprietary information of CourseCompare.ca and its partners and licensors, and are protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by copyright law, trademark law, and other intellectual property laws. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, CourseCompare.ca grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, license to (a) use the Website for your use. Nothing in the Terms gives you a right to use the CourseCompare.ca or CourseCompare.ca names, trademarks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features without our prior written consent. Any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Website or CourseCompare.ca Apps shall be subject to the terms of these Terms.
- Feedback. If You provide CourseCompare.ca with any suggestions, comments or other feedback relating to any aspect of the Website and/or Service ("Feedback"), CourseCompare.ca may use such Feedback in the Website or in any other CourseCompare.ca products or services (collectively, "CourseCompare.ca Offerings"). Accordingly, You agree that: (a) CourseCompare.ca is not subject to any confidentiality obligations in respect to the Feedback, (b) the Feedback is not confidential or proprietary information of You or any third party and You have all of the necessary rights to disclose the Feedback to CourseCompare.ca, (c) CourseCompare.ca (including all of its successors and assigns and any successors and assigns of any of the CourseCompare.ca Offerings) may freely use, reproduce, publicize, license, distribute, and otherwise commercialize Feedback in any CourseCompare.ca Offerings, and (d) You are not entitled to receive any compensation or re-imbursement of any kind from CourseCompare.ca or any of the other users of the Website in respect of the Feedback.
- Links & Third-Party Websites. This Website (including User Content) contains links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by CourseCompare.ca. In no event shall any reference to any third party, third party product or service, including Vendor Education Products, be construed as an approval or endorsement by CourseCompare.ca of that third party, third party product or service. CourseCompare.ca is also not responsible for the content of any linked websites. Any third-party websites or services accessed from the Website are subject to the terms and conditions of those websites and or services and You are responsible for determining those terms and conditions and complying with them. The presence on the Website of a link to any other website(s) does not imply that CourseCompare.ca endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or use of such websites, and You hereby release CourseCompare.ca from all liability and/damages that may arise from Your use of such websites or receipt of services from any such websites.
- Release. Because we do not supervise or control interactions between Users and Vendors, and because we have very limited control, if any, over the legality, truthfulness or accuracy of various aspects of the Website or Services, You agree that You bear all risk and You agree to release CourseCompare.ca. (and their officers, directors, shareholders, providers, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, and third party partners) (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, now and in the future, arising out of or in any way connected with Your use of the Services, Your interactions and transactions with Vendors, Your third party transactions, and our resolution of any disputes between Users. You further waive any and all rights and benefits otherwise conferred by any statutory or non-statutory law of any jurisdiction that would purport to limit the scope of a release or waiver.
- DISCLAIMER OF REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS. THE WEBSITE, SERVICE, CourseCompare.ca APP AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED THEREIN ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." CourseCompare.ca SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, BY USAGE OF TRADE, COURSE OF DEALING OR OTHERWISE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, LOSS OF DATA, OR ANY OTHER LOSS THAT RESULTS FROM DOWNLOADING OR USING ANY SUCH MATERIAL. CourseCompare.ca DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, PROVIDE ANY CONDITIONS OR REPRESENTATIONS, OR ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY ANY THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR IN RESPECT TO ANY WEBSITE THAT CAN BE REACHED FROM A LINK ON THE WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING ON THE WEBSITE, AND CourseCompare.ca SHALL NOT BE A PARTY TO ANY TRANSACTION THAT YOU MAY ENTER INTO WITH ANY SUCH THIRD PARTY. CourseCompare.ca WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY TYPE OF CONTENT EXCHANGED BY MEANS OF THE SERVICE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL CourseCompare.ca BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM (I) YOUR USE OF OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE, CourseCompare.ca APP OR THE SERVICE, (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES, (III) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES IN THE MATERIALS ON THE WEBSITE, (IV) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR ANY OTHER FILES OR DATA THAT MAY BE HARMFUL TO COMPUTER OR COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT OR DATA THAT MAY HAVE BEEN TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR CourseCompare.ca APP, OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY MATERIAL ON THE WEBSITE OR MATERIALS PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING VENDORS, AND OUR CREDIT PARTNERS, OR ANY OTHER LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY EVEN IF CourseCompare.ca HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, CourseCompare.ca’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT (FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION), WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (A) FIFTY U.S. DOLLARS ($50) OR (B) AMOUNTS YOU’VE PAID CourseCompare.ca IN THE PRIOR 12 MONTHS (IF ANY) THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENSION PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
- Availability & Updates. CourseCompare.ca may alter, suspend, or discontinue this Website at any time and for any reason or no reason, without notice. The Website, Service may be unavailable from time to time due to maintenance or malfunction of computer or network equipment or other reasons. CourseCompare.ca may periodically add or update the information and materials on this Website without notice.
- Security. Information sent or received over the Internet is generally unsecure and CourseCompare.ca cannot and does not make any representation or warranty concerning security of any communication to or from the Website or any representation or warranty regarding the interception by third parties of personal or other information. You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Service and you are responsible for any activities or actions under your password. You agree to keep your password secure. CourseCompare.ca will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.