Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: May 9-Feb 24
May 9-Feb 24
The one-year Welding and Fabrication Techniques Ontario College Certificate program provides foundation skills to gain entry-level employment in the welding industry. Participate in a combination of theory and shop work, and learn metal fabrication techniques and welding, acquiring a solid foundation of principles for the field.
All classes are taught in Algonquin College’s state-of-the-art Algonquin Centre for Construction Excellence (ACCE) facility, where you have the opportunity to use up-to-date equipment and learn about advanced technology in the welding and fabrication field, including: gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW) and gas metal arc welding (GMAW).
Learn metallurgy, and joint and metal preparation. Gain the ability to take technical measurements using the right tools, set up and safely operate equipment for various processes, and read and interpret blueprints and welding specifications.
What You’ll Learn
- Work safely and in accordance with all relevant legislation, regulations, guidelines and procedures.
- Read and interpret blueprints and welding specifications.
- Identify and select materials and processes for fabrication projects.
- Perform basic technical measurements using appropriate tools.
- Use shop tools and equipment for the manufacture and repair of components to required specifications.
- Work both independently and as a team member within established practices and procedures in a shop environment.
- Set up and safely operate equipment for various welding processes.
- Assess weld quality and implement corrective action where required.
- Set up and operate equipment for Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) applications and perform these in a variety of positions.
- Identify and apply discipline-specific practices that contribute to the local and global community through social responsibility, economic commitment and environmental stewardship.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: May 9-Feb 24
Student Reviews (1)
My company paid for this certificate and I have no complaints whatsoever. The program gave me a blueprint for getting management and IT to work together, which I'm pretty sure helped me get the biggest promotion of my career. Lots of people here with ...
My company paid for this certificate and I have no complaints whatsoever. The program gave me a blueprint for getting management and IT to work together, which I'm pretty sure helped me get the biggest promotion of my career. Lots of people here with undergrad degrees looking for real job skills. Definitely worth a look!