Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Apr 26
Sep 6-Apr 26
Jan 3 - Dec 20 2024
Sep 5 - Apr 25 2025
Jan 2 - Dec 18 2026
Fleming’s two–year diploma program prepares you for a variety of exciting roles and provides you with the transferable skills that you’ll need to go far in the high-demand, world-wide hospitality industry. Their program is designed to give you the hands-on training and experiential learning you need to be successful in the industry.
Learn by doing. You’ll engage in a 100 -hour industry field placement in the sector of your choice that will provide you with practical experience, future career opportunities and invaluable industry connections. You will develop leadership and practical skills needed to work in, manage and operate the accommodation, food & beverage, recreation & entertainment, transportation and travel services divisions of the hospitality and tourism industry. The program has an optimum blend of hands-on experience, theory, field trips, and computer simulation exercises that prepare you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
The career opportunities within this vibrant and global industry are unlimited. As a result of the comprehensive training Fleming delivers, you will have many choices when it comes to career paths. This could include employment with national hotel chains or with local resorts, clubs, restaurants or banquet facilities. The airline and cruise ship industries also regularly hire Fleming grads.
What You’ll Learn
- Support an industry and workplace service culture by adopting a positive attitude and professional decorum, accommodating diverse and special needs, and contributing as a team member.
- Deliver customer service and solutions that anticipate, meet and/or exceed individual expectations, as well as organizational expectations, standards and objectives.
- Use marketing concepts, market research, social networks, sales and revenue management strategies, relationship management skills and product knowledge to promote and sell hospitality services, products and guest experiences.
- Apply business and revenue models as well as basic accounting, budgeting, financial and administration skills to support the effective management and operation of a variety of organizations delivering hospitality services and products.
- Comply with relevant organization & workplace systems, processes, policies, standards, legal obligations & regulations, & apply risk management principles, to support & maintain efficient, safe, secure, accessible & healthy hospitality operations.
- Use appropriate technologies to enhance the quality and delivery of hospitality services, products and guest experiences and to measure the effectiveness of hospitality operations.
- Keep current with hospitality trends and issues, and interdependent relationships in the broader tourism industry* sectors to improve work performance and guide career development.
- Use leadership, teamwork, conflict and relationship management skills and tools, as well as knowledge of organizational behaviour, labour relations, employment standards and human rights to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Respond to issues and dilemmas arising in the delivery of hospitality services, products and guest experiences by using and promoting ethical behaviour and best practices of corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Apr 26