Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 3-Apr 28
Sep 3-Apr 28
As a leader in the fast-paced and complex hospitality industry, you apply critical thinking and leadership skills to streamline hospitality operations, improve efficiencies and create competitive service models. In this program there is a focus on finance, market research and operations management. You’ll engage with top industry professionals and gain market-ready, practical experience via two co-op work terms. There is experiential learning on campus via the NC learning enterprises, computer models and operational simulators. And there are opportunities to participate in academic exchange programs with University of Florida/Walt Disney World®.
What You’ll Learn
- Understand the theoretical underpinnings and principles of business, including management, finance, human resources, marketing, and operations, and their application in an integrated hospitality setting.
- Apply business theories and practice to the hospitality including profit centres such as accommodations, culinary operations, events, and attractions, sports, entertainment and gaming.
- Understand the management and operational requirements of a successful hospitality venture.
- Understand how to integrate various hospitality components into a multi-dimensional hospitality enterprise serving an international clientele.
- Demonstrate management knowledge and skills for the effective operations management of a hospitality enterprise.
- Apply analytical techniques based on sound theoretical constructs and the historical context of issues to hospitality problems or challenges.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and develop or create operations systems for existing and new hospitality ventures, in particular the multi-dimensional hospitality enterprise.
- Apply critical thinking, aptitudes, and attitudes to become a change agent capable of capitalizing on opportunities for hospitality development
- Understand and analyze international cultures and trends to respond to, develop, attract, and service diverse markets
- Recognize and support the needs of target markets, applying customer behavior theory for effective and professional customer management.
- Demonstrate effective communication techniques and the ability to work as a member of a diverse management team.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to transfer these skills in a diverse team environment
- Develop and source strategies to manage strategic partnerships among hospitality stakeholders.
- Demonstrate awareness of global business and environmental contexts.
- Demonstrate strategies for life-long learning and professional advancement.
- Understand and demonstrate business and cultural ethics.
- Apply advanced level management abilities in written and verbal communication.
- Apply knowledge effectively in practical work settings thus demonstrating clear return on investment for the employer.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 3-Apr 28
Student Reviews (50)
Niagara College is home to a diverse student population; its programs are purpose-driven and offer a student-focused learning environment in a multicultural setting. It also maintains active partnerships with different businesses across various industr...
Niagara College is home to a diverse student population; its programs are purpose-driven and offer a student-focused learning environment in a multicultural setting. It also maintains active partnerships with different businesses across various industries; therefore, getting an internationally recognized diploma in Business, specifically in Sales and Marketing, will provide me with a holistic learning experience.
I have learned from seasoned professionals in diverse HRM fields throughout the course of my program. As I graduate, I am grateful for a responsive team of college staff who are readily available to provide support and receive feedback as the need aris...
I have learned from seasoned professionals in diverse HRM fields throughout the course of my program. As I graduate, I am grateful for a responsive team of college staff who are readily available to provide support and receive feedback as the need arises. They have also shown expertise in deploying technology as a means to interact with the thousands of students on the NCT campus. One of the most responsive colleges that prioritize students' interests.