Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jan 20-Sep 20
Take your skills beyond code. Learn to use project management principles to plan and execute machine learning solutions, helping to make positive change in the world of business.
You will work on multiple machine learning projects of various scales that capture the entire machine learning life cycle. You will work with both structured and unstructured data and with various supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning algorithms. These projects allow you to build upon your technical skills while gaining a holistic understanding of machine learning as it relates to current and relevant problems facing businesses.
You will develop key cross-functional business and communication skills that will allow you to build a business case to support the implementation of machine learning solutions in various industries and use project management principles to plan and execute a machine learning solution. You will also Use Python (and other languages) to create, implement and test machine learning algorithms in real-world scenarios.
What You’ll Learn
- Describe the major business use cases of machine learning in various industries and how it provides monetary and other value to respective entities.
- Assess the appropriateness of various techniques in identifying machine learning solutions to business problems with highest efficiency and least resources.
- Develop a comprehensive plan for a machine learning project that incorporates principles from different project management methodologies.
- Prospect the feasibility of a machine learning solution being successful by comparing the data requirements with available and usable data.
- Select machine learning models within supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning paradigms that map to specific business cases and challenges.
- Design the various evaluation metrics and procedures required for model selection and explain the business rationale for use of the selected model.
- Create, implement and test machine learning algorithms in various real-world scenarios using Python and other languages and frameworks.
- Assess developments in artificial intelligence for ethical and public policy considerations as they relate to data privacy and protection, profiteering with meta-data, and various social and civic issues.
- Present a business case for implementation of a selected machine learning solution that communicates the potential value-add, and using accessible language.
- The Certificate in Machine Learning is for anyone with at least a second year undergraduate level understanding of linear algebra, calculus, probability and inferential statistics and with experience in Python or other programming languages.
Student Reviews (12)
I enrolled in the Human Resources Management course from York University with course instructor Amina Malik. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the textbook and completing the interactive assignments via the discussion board. Amina was actively involved by p...
I enrolled in the Human Resources Management course from York University with course instructor Amina Malik. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the textbook and completing the interactive assignments via the discussion board. Amina was actively involved by posting comments and providing advice on the boards.
The textbook "Managing Human Resources" authored by Belcourt, M., Bohlander, G., & Snell, S. is very well written and organized. It contains a lot of relevant and up-to-date information, as well as many case studies, an ethics in HRM feature, and other ways to help students learn and apply the material.
I have to be honest in saying that I didn't really enjoy the multimedia presentations as much as the book, but that may be just a personal learning style. The ones that I covered were detailed and well presented.
I would recommend this course to anyone wishing to gain more training and knowledge about Human Resources. It is part of the CPHR program offered here:
I enjoyed the experience at York University. The Director of my program (Advanced Certificate in Accounting) was very knowledgeable and guided me when I had questions regarding my school curriculum. Moreover, staff is always ready to help, teachers are...
I enjoyed the experience at York University. The Director of my program (Advanced Certificate in Accounting) was very knowledgeable and guided me when I had questions regarding my school curriculum. Moreover, staff is always ready to help, teachers are passionate about their jobs. For me, the most rewarding aspect was to meet exceptional classmates with whom I learned a lot. Thanks to #YUSCS!