Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jan 13-Mar 17
Jan 13-Mar 17
Obtain the foundation, tools, and 1:1 mentorship to advance your product management career.
Product Hall is an online school to learn product management. Everything you need to ship digital products that you have full control over. This 10 week engaging online course covers more than the fundamentals of product management, with hands-on practical learning, lessons from industry professionals, and lifetime 1:1 mentorship.
What You’ll Learn
- Product Management Fundamentals: Defining the makeup of a good product and the various roles and responsibilities of a product manager throughout all stages of the product lifecycle.
- Understanding your users: Using customer development to work effectively with your users and customers to understand their needs, deliver value, and achieve product-market fit.
- Strategic thinking skills: Research skills and industry frameworks with practical examples to build strategic thinking skills to achieve customer and business goals.
- Designing your product: Product prioritization methods and designing great products with functionality that enables users to easily, delightfully, and efficiently perform key tasks.
- Agile methodologies: Lean, Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban, XP, and more. Learn the various methods that are used to manage specialized delivery teams to build great products.
- Technology and Software: Understand how technology works, the fundamentals of software development, and how to work effectively with software developers to build products.
- Getting a Job: Effectively brand yourself, craft an effective cover letter and resume, ace your interview, and additional tips and techniques to reach your career goals.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Jan 13-Mar 17
Student Reviews (7)
I joined Product Hall with the idea of adding more structure to my thought process and brushing up my fundamentals of product management - and that is exactly what I got from the course, and a lot more. The course is well-structured, the content is tho...
I joined Product Hall with the idea of adding more structure to my thought process and brushing up my fundamentals of product management - and that is exactly what I got from the course, and a lot more. The course is well-structured, the content is thought-provoking and each lecture is quite engaging. The course is also punctuated with plenty of guest lecturers, each offering additional insight to a particular aspect of product management. Quadri is an expert is in his field and he demonstrates his expertise not only via the course content/his knowledge but also through his ability to answer questions and clear doubts. There are plenty of other courses which offer more or less similar course structure however, what sets Product Hall apart is Quadri's ability to attend to each student personally as well as offer mentorship and guidance as and when needed.
I came into this program to understand how I can bring a start up idea to life. I was given a good understanding on how that can be done and will always have this course as a reference going forward in my start up journey. For anyone that wants to lear...
I came into this program to understand how I can bring a start up idea to life. I was given a good understanding on how that can be done and will always have this course as a reference going forward in my start up journey. For anyone that wants to learn more about how they can bring their ideas into reality this is definitely the place to do it!
What skills can I expect to have when I finish this course?
A full understanding of the product development lifecycle, the responsibilities for a product manager and their team in each stage, the steps to take and techniques to use for success. Whether you are interested in product management, you are a current product manager, or you are working on your startup, you will know what is needed to build, launch, and support a great product that reaches customer and business goals.
Will I receive a certificate upon completion?
Yes. Students who complete the course requirements will receive a product management certificate.
What will my weekly schedule look like? Can I take this course while working full time?
This program consists of one 3 hour online class per week, weekly assignments, readings, and community discussions.
I am a product manager, is this program still for me?
Yes, this program may still be for you. Some of our instructor's past students were new product managers who appreciated the formal training and mentorship they received; as well as tenured product managers who have worked in product for many years and learned on the job but did not have any formal training. Along with the Product Hall curriculum you will benefit from the mentorship, support, insights from guest instructors, and the community that Product Hall provides to help students further their career goals.
What are the system requirements for this course?
A computer, a reliable internet connection, a video camera, and a working microphone.