Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Nov 16-Feb 28
Nov 16-Feb 28
The Certificate in People Analytics is ideal for experienced HR professionals looking to upskill and advance their careers. If you are an HR manager wanting to steer your organization towards implementing people analytics solutions, or an HR generalist/specialist seeking to move into an HR Information Systems (HRIS) unit, this program is perfect for you.
This program is also beneficial for analysts wanting to focus on workforce analytics and learn more about the needs of HR professionals.
In this program you will work to become more comfortable presenting visual data and using insights to tell a story. You will also develop your skill set for foundational analytics, allowing you to find and apply data-driven insights to address HR-related problems.
People analytics is a collaborative process, necessitating teamwork across departments to solve complex issues. This program’s course work will also develop your cross-functional competencies such as critical thinking, persuasion, negotiation and public speaking.
Created in collaboration with and taught by people analytics practitioners, you will learn from leaders in the field how to probe data for statistical insights and make thought-out HR and talent management decisions. The final capstone project allows you to apply what you have learned during the program towards a real-world HR issue.
What You’ll Learn
- Define a HR-related business problem through an inquiry-based approach that includes for purpose, scope and requirements.
- Explain the common issues experienced in adopting people analytics, propose solutions for each and calculate the return on investment for implementing solutions.
- Formulate the process of analysis in addressing a specific business problem.
- Assess for existing and potential collected data in identifying which business problems can be solved with people analytics, while also considering ethical and legal issues.
- Communicate insights in response to a HR problem supported by data visualization tools.
- Create measures of data quality and processes to ensure reliable data models and reports.
- Design and present data models that respond to workforce issues, i.e. talent acquisition, labour relations, employee engagement, etc.
This program is also offered in an intensive format where students will complete a full certificate in 11 weeks. The Intensive option of the Certificate in People Analytics is eligible for OSAP.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Nov 16-Feb 28
Student Reviews (11)
I enjoyed the experience at York University. The Director of my program (Advanced Certificate in Accounting) was very knowledgeable and guided me when I had questions regarding my school curriculum. Moreover, staff is always ready to help, teachers are...
I enjoyed the experience at York University. The Director of my program (Advanced Certificate in Accounting) was very knowledgeable and guided me when I had questions regarding my school curriculum. Moreover, staff is always ready to help, teachers are passionate about their jobs. For me, the most rewarding aspect was to meet exceptional classmates with whom I learned a lot. Thanks to #YUSCS!