Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Aug 29
Sep 6-Aug 29
Experience the full animation process of character performance stories with a focus on creating finished animation productions.
What You’ll Learn
- Industry standard hardware and software.
- Transferable skills to entertainment, gaming, virtual reality (VR), commercial and industrial productions.
- Develop real-world industry production work practices.
- Writing skills to develop character and story structure.
- Figure drawing to develop strong drawing skills.
- Traditional drawing skills used for visual design of environments, characters, storyboards/animatics.
- Laptop computer skills for digital construction, rigging and animating characters.
- Construction of props and environments with texture and lighting to complete the scene.
- Camera, rendering and editing techniques to create a finished production.
- Design, create and animate objects and characters with naturalistic and expressive movements and poses.
- Design and create hand-drawn and/or computer-generated drawings using principles of art, design and composition.
- Select and use appropriate tools and technologies for the development of animation projects.
- Contribute to the planning, implementation and evaluation of animation projects.
- Plan, develop and execute a series of effective and believable animation sequences.
- Create and enhance the production of animation sequences and projects using a variety of principles and techniques related to cinematography and art direction.
- Use storytelling skills to create and enhance the development and execution of animation sequences.
- Use performance theory and skills to create and enhance animation.
- Design and produce layouts using perspective, composition and colour theory to enhance visual presentation and mood.
- Present and defend a visual concept to a target audience.
- Use computer skills and appropriate digital asset management techniques to function effectively within a production pipeline.
- Develop, assemble and present a demo reel or portfolio in a manner that meets current industry expectations, and highlights one’s creativity, skills and proficiency with relevant animation software and related technologies.
- Model and rig objects, characters and background elements.
- Light and texture objects, characters and sets using a range of appropriate tools and techniques.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Aug 29
Student Reviews (1)
The program and faculty are great, but virtual delivery was a nightmare. MyCanvas took a long time to figure out and not all professors even use it! I was given a timetable but I didn't know if class was going to be live/online or if I would be gettin...
The program and faculty are great, but virtual delivery was a nightmare. MyCanvas took a long time to figure out and not all professors even use it! I was given a timetable but I didn't know if class was going to be live/online or if I would be getting pre-recorded lectures ahead of time. I know from last year's experience that this is normally an excellent program. I just wish Mohawk would figure out online learning because it's negatively affecting the overall learning experience. If you're a Mohawk student struggling with the online experience, please email the dean in charge of academic quality to have your voice heard: [email protected]