Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 7-Aug 30
Sep 7-Aug 30
Profound changes to the world of computer applications have created the need for a new kind of software development professional. As a result of explosive growth in the use of mobile devices, a growing appetite for consumer applications across all demographics, and emerging digital technologies, there is a need for entrepreneurial savvy within Canadian companies to effectively compete globally. This demands computer professionals with skills in graphic design, content creation, User Experience (UX), software development, marketing, and business models in order to design and market new and competitive software applications. The optional co-op stream includes four consecutive four-month work terms.
What You’ll Learn
- Analyze and resolve information technology problems through the application of systematic approaches and diagnostic tools.
- Apply knowledge of the design, modeling, implementation, and maintenance of a database to the development of business solutions and commercial IT products.
- Evaluate emerging IT technologies with respect to their impact on existing IT products and their potential for the development of new IT products.
- Evaluate the various streams of revenue that apply to IT products, services, websites or technologies such as direct sales, licensing, pay per use, advertising and viral marketing products.
- Evaluate the commercial viability of new IT products or technologies through research and the development of a marketing plan.
- Investigate government programs, local venture capital and other opportunities available for IT company startups.
- Prepare presentations on the viability of new IT products or technologies for corporate audiences.
- Develop designs and prototypes for IT solutions, commercial products, software controls and interfaces through the application of relevant methodologies, best practices, policies, regulations and standards.
- Test proposed software designs against current standards and best practices for interactive design.
- Investigate and develop software applications based on user needs and specifications, through the application of relevant methodologies, best practices, policies, regulations and standards.
- Apply knowledge of security issues to the analysis, design, and implementation of integrated solutions.
- Contribute to the successful completion of projects by applying the project management principles in current use.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 7-Aug 30
Student Reviews (2)
Conestoga cares about getting you a job. I studied computer programming and had chances to attend job fairs every month where I got to meet employers in KW (Kitchener-Waterloo) including big name startups. The instructors are all working professionals ...
Conestoga cares about getting you a job. I studied computer programming and had chances to attend job fairs every month where I got to meet employers in KW (Kitchener-Waterloo) including big name startups. The instructors are all working professionals and will help you understand not just the theory but what it's like to be a programmer. I liked my two years here and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to do a four-year compsci degree.