Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Apr 25
Sep 6-Apr 25
Jan 3 - Aug 29 2025
Do you have a passion for programming? Do you want to work with cutting edge technologies? Would you like a career in Mobile Applications? Embedded Systems? Game Development? Big Data? If so, Software Engineering Technology at Conestoga is the ideal program for you.
One of the strongest programs of its type in Ontario, Software Engineering Technology at Conestoga extends beyond programming to prepare you for a successful career. Course areas include software quality, project management, computer security, business intelligence and a broad base of language and technologies.
What You’ll Learn
- Identify, analyze, design, develop, implement, verify and document the requirements for a computing environment.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, document and monitor technical problems using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Analyze, design, implement and maintain secure computing environments.
- Analyze, develop and maintain robust computing system solutions through validation testing and industry best practices.
- Communicate and collaborate with team members and stakeholders to ensure effective working relationships.
- Select and apply strategies for personal and professional development to enhance work performance.
- Apply project management principles and tools when responding to requirements and monitoring projects within a computing environment.
- Adhere to ethical, social media, legal, regulatory and economic requirements and/or principles in the development and management of the computing solutions and systems.
- Investigate emerging trends to respond to technical challenges.
- Analyze and define the specifications of a software system based on requirements engineering processes and techniques.
- Design, develop, integrate, document, implement, maintain and test software systems based on software engineering methodologies, modern programming paradigms and frameworks.
- Analyze, evaluate and apply software engineering design techniques, data structures, algorithms, and patterns to the implementation of a software system.
- Design, model, implement, optimize and maintain a database and apply data mining concepts and tools for decision making.
- Develop, maintain and deploy software systems to resolve networking issues.
- Build automated software solutions through the analysis, evaluation, and integration of intelligent systems into various applications.
- Design and implement appropriate testing, verification and evaluation procedures to assess software quality and improve software performance.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Apr 25
Student Reviews (8)
Lots of work-integrated (WIL) learning and amazing community feel to this program at Conestoga. Invaluable experience in a kindergarten classroom topped off excellent classroom training by first-rate professors in this bachelor's degree program. Highly...
Lots of work-integrated (WIL) learning and amazing community feel to this program at Conestoga. Invaluable experience in a kindergarten classroom topped off excellent classroom training by first-rate professors in this bachelor's degree program. Highly recommended.
I'm in my second year of the Software Engineering Technology program and have only great things to say about my experience. Good faculty and curriculum, nice campus, and a lot of focus on career support and practical training. Glad I chose it over comp...
I'm in my second year of the Software Engineering Technology program and have only great things to say about my experience. Good faculty and curriculum, nice campus, and a lot of focus on career support and practical training. Glad I chose it over computer science in the end.