Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Mar 31
Sep 6-Mar 31
Characters are the heart of every game, video, or marketing campaign. They’re at the heart of your interest in 3D Animation, too. Bring your characters to life. Make them breathe. Give them a personality.
Fanshawe College’s 3D Animation and Character Design program is an 8-month graduate certificate designed for students to hone previous multi-media skills into a valued and sought-after skill in the job market. Animate your ideas for game engines/development by life drawing and storyboarding, 3D modelling, texture mapping and lighting, character design, video editing and audio effects creation. You will also develop your creative concepts with like-minded and creative classmates, while also learning to plan and manage projects. With every step of the program, you’ll see your ideas and dreams come to life.
Graduates are prepared to work as a 3D animator, character designer, effects artist, storyboard artist and level designer for the film, video, animation and game industries. Your skills will help you land jobs with companies creating television commercials, industrial and commercial videos, and educational material. How about architecture or real estate designs and promotions? These days, your skills will take you to limitless places.
What You’ll Learn
- Execute creative concepts and ideas through a variety and combination of techniques including hand drawn, computer generated, 2D and 3D storyboards and animatics.
- Create sophisticated models for the entertainment, medical, and architectural industries.
- Create 3D characters and creatures ranging from life-like and anatomically correct, to cartoon and anime styles.
- Combine texture mapping, shaders, lighting environments, animating cameras and ‘rigs’ for 3D models and characters in animation sequences.
- Synthesize a wide variety of digital effects in the creation of environment and creature materials and textures.
- Apply 3D techniques that demonstrate characters with realistic motion and a full range of emotion in animated characters.
- Incorporate 3D animated characters with composited backgrounds utilizing special effects.
- Utilize a variety of digital applications including video and audio editing software and technologies.
- Integrate sophisticated technologies into 3D animated films, videos and games.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Mar 31
Student Reviews (2)
As a university graduate, the Advanced Filmmaking program at Fanshawe was an incredibly welcome change of pace. It’s allowed me to focus on the hands-on aspect of filmmaking that I did not have the chance to learn while in University. The shift from ...
As a university graduate, the Advanced Filmmaking program at Fanshawe was an incredibly welcome change of pace. It’s allowed me to focus on the hands-on aspect of filmmaking that I did not have the chance to learn while in University. The shift from reading theories and essay writing to producing content and connecting with my fellow filmmakers was exactly what I needed.
The environment of AFM is a lot more intimate than the university experience. You are always working in groups to create projects and receiving constant feedback from the professors. If you want to learn the ins and outs making a film, and meet the people who are going to help you do it, there is no better place to go than Fanshawe’s Advanced Filmmaking program.