Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Oct 28
Sep 6-Oct 28
The Music Industry Arts program is a creative and practical environment that allows students to discover and develop the artistic, technical and business skills that will prepare them to compete in today’s evolving music and entertainment industry.
The program approach is intensively hands-on, with professional recording, performance and lab facilities exclusively dedicated to student use. Course content is wide and equally balanced between artist development and technical skills which accentuates experiential learning within the program. Course curricula is wide by design and includes: artist development, music publishing, entertainment law, copyright, sales and promotion, music theory, ear training, music writing and arranging, creative audio production techniques, functions of digital and analog consoles, audio recording/mixing, studio operation, design and management, audio for picture, as well as live audio production. Computer literacy, audio and editing techniques relevant to the disciplines of music creation and audio post-production are offered through theory and practical applications. Collaborative projects utilizing other media-based programs within the College are done on a regular basis.
- Display positive and professional attitude towards the responsibility and respect for the creation of music and sound.
- Meet strict deadlines and enhance creativity through the act of balancing technology and arts.
- Apply market ready skills in: music and sound recording, preproduction, audio production, writing, arranging, editing, mixing, contracting, and delivering, artist discovery, development, direction, marketing, promotion, tour management and live sound production.
- Utilize strong time management, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Stay current with industry practices primarily in the technical and secondarily in non-technical audio industry sectors through the use of creating sound and music.
- Operate audio and video hardware and software through the creation and design of sound and music either with or without moving or still pictures.
- Apply industry level skills in the operation of live sound and music recording.
- Create all documentation necessary in order to develop a music artist.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Oct 28
Student Reviews (2)
As a university graduate, the Advanced Filmmaking program at Fanshawe was an incredibly welcome change of pace. It’s allowed me to focus on the hands-on aspect of filmmaking that I did not have the chance to learn while in University. The shift from ...
As a university graduate, the Advanced Filmmaking program at Fanshawe was an incredibly welcome change of pace. It’s allowed me to focus on the hands-on aspect of filmmaking that I did not have the chance to learn while in University. The shift from reading theories and essay writing to producing content and connecting with my fellow filmmakers was exactly what I needed.
The environment of AFM is a lot more intimate than the university experience. You are always working in groups to create projects and receiving constant feedback from the professors. If you want to learn the ins and outs making a film, and meet the people who are going to help you do it, there is no better place to go than Fanshawe’s Advanced Filmmaking program.