Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jan 4-Jul 29
Jan 4-Jul 29
May 2 - Nov 25 2022
Sep 6 - Mar 31 2023
Jan 3 - Jul 28 2023
May 1 - Nov 24 2023
The program is a one-year Ontario College Certificate program – two levels and includes a mandatory work placement. Students will be exposed to topics including health and safety, blueprint reading and sketching, applied math, communication, shielded metal arc welding, gas metal arc welding, introduction to computers and all position pipe welding.
This program provides students with the theoretical and practical training to perform most basic welding techniques. At the completion of the program, students will be eligible to test for welding tickets based on their level of expertise. It is expected that most of the graduates will be prepared to enter the workforce as a Welder following the completion of this program.
What You’ll Learn
- Health & Safety: Perform work responsibly and safely in compliance with applicable regulations and standards.
- Mathematics: Perform trade-related mathematical calculations and technical measurements using appropriate tools and devices.
- Engineering Drawings: Interpret engineering drawings.
- Welding Theory: Describe the fundamentals of common welding processes.
- Welding Applications: Demonstrate common weld applications and post-weld operations.
- Thermal Cutting and Gouging Theory: Describe the fundamentals of common thermal cutting and gouging processes.
- Thermal Cutting Applications: Demonstrate common thermal cutting and gouging processes.
- Process Quality: Describe the various elements of weld quality.
- Pattern and Template Development: Create patterns and templates for a variety of shapes.
- Fabrication and Machine Operation: Fabricate shop projects using engineering drawings.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Jan 4-Jul 29
Student Reviews (2)
As a university graduate, the Advanced Filmmaking program at Fanshawe was an incredibly welcome change of pace. It’s allowed me to focus on the hands-on aspect of filmmaking that I did not have the chance to learn while in University. The shift from ...
As a university graduate, the Advanced Filmmaking program at Fanshawe was an incredibly welcome change of pace. It’s allowed me to focus on the hands-on aspect of filmmaking that I did not have the chance to learn while in University. The shift from reading theories and essay writing to producing content and connecting with my fellow filmmakers was exactly what I needed.
The environment of AFM is a lot more intimate than the university experience. You are always working in groups to create projects and receiving constant feedback from the professors. If you want to learn the ins and outs making a film, and meet the people who are going to help you do it, there is no better place to go than Fanshawe’s Advanced Filmmaking program.