Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Aug 25
Sep 6-Aug 25
The one-year Carpentry and Renovation Techniques Ontario College Certificate program prepares you for a future in construction, whether you pursue apprenticeship training, employment as a framer or finisher or just want to tackle a few projects around the house. Throughout this physically demanding program, explore the latest green technology and energy-efficient construction techniques.
Graduates may find employment as apprentice carpenters, construction framers, interior systems installers, exterior systems applicators, renovators, door and window installers, concrete form workers, deck and porch design/builders, junior construction site supervisors or junior estimators.
What You’ll Learn
- Identify and use strategies to enhance work performance and continued learning to keep pace with industry changes.
- Identify and adhere to established health and safety practices that apply to specific job sites, in accordance with current legislation and regulations.
- Perform building construction and renovation tasks in compliance with contracts, the Ontario and/or National Building Codes, applicable laws and industry’s ethical practices.
- Work in accordance with established sustainability practices.
- Communicate and collaborate with diverse clients, supervisors and tradespersons to complete projects on time and to maintain effective working relationships.
- Assist with maintaining accurate project documents and use computer technologies to support building construction and renovation projects.
- Solve on-site trade-related building and renovation problems by applying principles of basic technical mathematics and building science.
- Select, maintain and safely operate hand tools, and portable and stationary power tools, to efficiently complete building construction and renovation tasks.
- Assist with the completion of building and renovation stages, from site layout and footings to the application of interior and exterior finishes, according to specifications.
- Assist in the preparation of material estimations according to building construction and renovation project documents.
- Identify and apply discipline-specific practices that contribute to the local and global community through social responsibility, economic commitment and environmental stewardship.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Aug 25
Student Reviews (1)
My company paid for this certificate and I have no complaints whatsoever. The program gave me a blueprint for getting management and IT to work together, which I'm pretty sure helped me get the biggest promotion of my career. Lots of people here with ...
My company paid for this certificate and I have no complaints whatsoever. The program gave me a blueprint for getting management and IT to work together, which I'm pretty sure helped me get the biggest promotion of my career. Lots of people here with undergrad degrees looking for real job skills. Definitely worth a look!