Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jan 4-Dec 22
Jan 4-Dec 22
Humber’s Mechanical Engineering Technology is an advanced diploma program that provides you with hands on experience and the underlying foundational knowledge required to conceive, design, manufacture and operate engineering systems. Working on projects in state-of-the-art laboratories and design spaces, you will work on finding solutions for design and manufacturing challenges in engineering systems.
The curriculum covers the theory and the skills required for: engineering design using leading industrial softwares , manufacturing engineering systems, prototyping and proof of concept applications, automation systems, program computer numerical control (CNC) machine tools, computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software-mastercam, operation design and sustainability, project engineering and management, testing and maintenance of engineering systems, energy sustainability and robotics.
This program builds upon the solid technical foundation of the Mechanical Engineering Technician diploma program. The manufacturing and basic design skills acquired in the first two years are enhanced in the third year by focusing on detailed design and advanced manufacturing technologies. The Mechanical Engineering Technology program offers a co-op option to integrate work with learning and provide graduates with a chance to apply their skills in the industry. The third year features a capstone project in which students liaise with industrial partners to produce a working prototype and a full design and manufacturing package for industry.
What You’ll Learn
- Monitor compliance with current legislation, standards, regulations and guidelines.
- Plan, co-ordinate, implement and evaluate quality control and quality assurance procedures to meet organizational standards and requirements.
- Monitor and encourage compliance with current health and safety legislation, as well as organizational practices and procedures.
- Develop and apply sustainability* best practices in workplaces.
- Use current and emerging technologies* to implement mechanical engineering projects.
- Analyze and solve complex mechanical problems by applying mathematics and fundamentals of mechanical engineering
- Prepare, analyze, evaluate and modify mechanical engineering drawings and other related technical documents.
- Design and analyze mechanical components, processes and systems by applying fundamentals of mechanical engineering.
- Design, manufacture and maintain mechanical components according to required specifications.
- Establish and verify the specifications of materials, processes and operations for the design and production of mechanical components.
- Plan, implement and evaluate projects by applying project management principles.
- Develop strategies for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance work performance.
- Apply business principles to design and engineering practices.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Jan 4-Dec 22