Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 7-Aug 30
Sep 7-Aug 30
In this three-year advanced diploma program, you will attain skills and knowledge in both traditional and computer animation. As you learn to draw storyboards, design and animate characters and scenes, you will practice applying theories of motion, timing, storytelling and digital technology to produce high-quality animations and designs. The hands-on learning you receive will enable you to utilize the equipment, facilities and computer software currently used in the industry.
This program is designed to equip you to successfully compete in the world of 2D and 3D animation. You can expect to acquire and grow knowledge and skills relevant to producing animation for the web, television, games or film.
What You’ll Learn
- Design, create and animate objects and characters with naturalistic and expressive movements and poses.
- Design and create hand-drawn and/or computer-generated drawings using principles of art, design and composition.
- Select and use appropriate tools and technologies for the development of animation projects.
- Contribute to the planning, implementation and evaluation of animation projects.
- Plan, develop and execute a series of effective and believable animation sequences.
- Create and enhance the production of animation sequences and projects using a variety of principles and techniques related to cinematography and art direction.
- Use storytelling skills to create and enhance the development and execution of animation sequences.
- Use performance theory and skills to create and enhance animation.
- Design and produce layouts using perspective, composition and colour theory to enhance visual presentation and mood.
- Present and defend a visual concept to a target audience.
- Use computer skills and appropriate digital asset management techniques to function effectively within a production pipeline.
- Develop, assemble and present a demo reel or portfolio in a manner that meets current industry expectations, and highlights one’s creativity, skills and proficiency with relevant animation software and related technologies.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 7-Aug 30
Student Reviews (1)
This is a new program. A group of companies approached Seneca to create cybersecurity curriculum before the pandemic. There are technical people able to fill roles but it's hard to find technical people to manage these projects -- I think that's why th...
This is a new program. A group of companies approached Seneca to create cybersecurity curriculum before the pandemic. There are technical people able to fill roles but it's hard to find technical people to manage these projects -- I think that's why this was born. Courses include OS security, ethical hacking, mobile app security design, firewalls/VPNs, computer forensics and more, and it ends with a capstone project. Seneca also offers CISSP certification training.