Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Aug 29
Sep 6-Aug 29
In this three-year advanced diploma program, you will attain skills and knowledge in both traditional and computer animation. As you learn to draw storyboards, design and animate characters and scenes, you will practice applying theories of motion, timing, storytelling and digital technology to produce high-quality animations and designs. The hands-on learning you receive will enable you to utilize the equipment, facilities and computer software currently used in the industry.
This program is designed to equip you to successfully compete in the world of 2D and 3D animation. You can expect to acquire and grow knowledge and skills relevant to producing animation for the web, television, games or film.
What You’ll Learn
- Design, create and animate objects and characters with naturalistic and expressive movements and poses.
- Design and create hand-drawn and/or computer-generated drawings using principles of art, design and composition.
- Select and use appropriate tools and technologies for the development of animation projects.
- Contribute to the planning, implementation and evaluation of animation projects.
- Plan, develop and execute a series of effective and believable animation sequences.
- Create and enhance the production of animation sequences and projects using a variety of principles and techniques related to cinematography and art direction.
- Use storytelling skills to create and enhance the development and execution of animation sequences.
- Use performance theory and skills to create and enhance animation.
- Design and produce layouts using perspective, composition and colour theory to enhance visual presentation and mood.
- Present and defend a visual concept to a target audience.
- Use computer skills and appropriate digital asset management techniques to function effectively within a production pipeline.
- Develop, assemble and present a demo reel or portfolio in a manner that meets current industry expectations, and highlights one’s creativity, skills and proficiency with relevant animation software and related technologies.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Aug 29
Student Reviews (6)
I am a full-time student who began the Social Service Worker program online during Covid. There was no warning that these classes would ever be in-person. IT WAS IMMEDIATELY DENIED when I asked for an academic allowance to avoid going in person due to ...
I am a full-time student who began the Social Service Worker program online during Covid. There was no warning that these classes would ever be in-person. IT WAS IMMEDIATELY DENIED when I asked for an academic allowance to avoid going in person due to working full-time and being a single parent. I was given a choice to do transfer credit with another institution (that they would not provide any course code information), fail the courses for not being there, and bring my daughter to class (which I will have to do). Absolutely ridiculous that no accommodation could be made, as I was not asking for anything that was not already in place for two years!! After speaking with a counsellor, academic advisors, and program managers and writing the PRESIDENT of Seneca, I was forced to go to Human Rights!! Do not suggest this school at all!!! And I am an alumnus of 3 other programs!! Save yourselves the aggravation and choose another school.
All teachers will tell you at the beginning of your courses that the best way to get a job is through recommendations from them. One teacher told us about all the students that burned him, or spoke up about him, and now "aren't working in the industry"...
All teachers will tell you at the beginning of your courses that the best way to get a job is through recommendations from them. One teacher told us about all the students that burned him, or spoke up about him, and now "aren't working in the industry".
So if you have any issues with any of the teachers, it almost guarantees silence if you want to work in this industry. Seneca course instructor reviews gave no space for comments about the teacher.
One teacher did not show up for 4.5 out of 14 classes, tells us to watch other classes he has taught, gives no guidance.
Many teachers do not respond to questions outside of class if you need help, messaging 3+ times with the same question.
A few teachers have encouraged stealing from other artists without explaining what that means. Which has led to some questionable behaviors from some students.
Understanding that this is a professional program and that comes with certain issues is ok. But it's also a school, and many teachers leave you to learn through linkedin learning, youtube tutorials, etc.
Spend your thousands somewhere else.