Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 5-Aug 29
Sep 5-Aug 29
This two-year diploma immerses you in the fast-paced field of live events. From meetings to conferences, fundraisers, trade shows and entertainment and sporting events, you’ll be taught how to plan and execute a wide range of live events. This includes producing content such as interactive presentations, videos, audio and multi-screen mixed media. You will also learn how to scout venues and create floor plans plus set up, operate and tear down the gear behind successful events.
This program includes a valuable field placement that allows you to put your studies into practice in a professional setting. You’ll be required to complete 150 hours of field placement before graduating from this program.
What You’ll Learn
- Collaborate and work in team situations, effectively, positively and constructively.
- Follow the pre-production process when designing professional live business theatre presentations such as tradeshows, conventions and general meetings.
- Follow the pre-production process when developing professional corporate audio and video productions such as training, promotional or informational non-broadcast videos.
- Apply his/her knowledge of the production process to effectively co-ordinate the crew and talent in studio and/or on location during the production of corporate videos and live business theatre events.
- Produce professional corporate videos and pre-packaged elements for the live business theatre presentation by following the appropriate post-production process.
- Communicate and collaborate professionally and effectively with corporate clients, crew and talent.
- Complete tasks effectively to meet clients’ deadlines.
- Ensure that all work is completed in compliance with applicable laws, statutory obligations, regulations, and industry principles and practices.
- Develop strategies for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance work performance and to maintain currency with technological changes.
- Assess the basic quality of a product being presented in corporate videos and live business theatre presentations.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 5-Aug 29
Student Reviews (6)
I am a full-time student who began the Social Service Worker program online during Covid. There was no warning that these classes would ever be in-person. IT WAS IMMEDIATELY DENIED when I asked for an academic allowance to avoid going in person due to ...
I am a full-time student who began the Social Service Worker program online during Covid. There was no warning that these classes would ever be in-person. IT WAS IMMEDIATELY DENIED when I asked for an academic allowance to avoid going in person due to working full-time and being a single parent. I was given a choice to do transfer credit with another institution (that they would not provide any course code information), fail the courses for not being there, and bring my daughter to class (which I will have to do). Absolutely ridiculous that no accommodation could be made, as I was not asking for anything that was not already in place for two years!! After speaking with a counsellor, academic advisors, and program managers and writing the PRESIDENT of Seneca, I was forced to go to Human Rights!! Do not suggest this school at all!!! And I am an alumnus of 3 other programs!! Save yourselves the aggravation and choose another school.
All teachers will tell you at the beginning of your courses that the best way to get a job is through recommendations from them. One teacher told us about all the students that burned him, or spoke up about him, and now "aren't working in the industry"...
All teachers will tell you at the beginning of your courses that the best way to get a job is through recommendations from them. One teacher told us about all the students that burned him, or spoke up about him, and now "aren't working in the industry".
So if you have any issues with any of the teachers, it almost guarantees silence if you want to work in this industry. Seneca course instructor reviews gave no space for comments about the teacher.
One teacher did not show up for 4.5 out of 14 classes, tells us to watch other classes he has taught, gives no guidance.
Many teachers do not respond to questions outside of class if you need help, messaging 3+ times with the same question.
A few teachers have encouraged stealing from other artists without explaining what that means. Which has led to some questionable behaviors from some students.
Understanding that this is a professional program and that comes with certain issues is ok. But it's also a school, and many teachers leave you to learn through linkedin learning, youtube tutorials, etc.
Spend your thousands somewhere else.