Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 3-Aug 28
Sep 3-Aug 28
This two-year diploma immerses you in the fast-paced field of live events. From meetings to conferences, fundraisers, trade shows and entertainment and sporting events, you’ll be taught how to plan and execute a wide range of live events. This includes producing content such as interactive presentations, videos, audio and multi-screen mixed media. You will also learn how to scout venues and create floor plans plus set up, operate and tear down the gear behind successful events.
This program includes a valuable field placement that allows you to put your studies into practice in a professional setting. You’ll be required to complete 150 hours of field placement before graduating from this program.
What You’ll Learn
- Collaborate and work in team situations, effectively, positively and constructively.
- Follow the pre-production process when designing professional live business theatre presentations such as tradeshows, conventions and general meetings.
- Follow the pre-production process when developing professional corporate audio and video productions such as training, promotional or informational non-broadcast videos.
- Apply his/her knowledge of the production process to effectively co-ordinate the crew and talent in studio and/or on location during the production of corporate videos and live business theatre events.
- Produce professional corporate videos and pre-packaged elements for the live business theatre presentation by following the appropriate post-production process.
- Communicate and collaborate professionally and effectively with corporate clients, crew and talent.
- Complete tasks effectively to meet clients’ deadlines.
- Ensure that all work is completed in compliance with applicable laws, statutory obligations, regulations, and industry principles and practices.
- Develop strategies for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance work performance and to maintain currency with technological changes.
- Assess the basic quality of a product being presented in corporate videos and live business theatre presentations.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 3-Aug 28
Student Reviews (9)
I did my post-grad in event marketing in sports, arts, and entertainment and loved it! The instructors wanted you to succeed, they were informative, and they helped in any way they could. The classes were about 40 people and there was a lot of group wo...
I did my post-grad in event marketing in sports, arts, and entertainment and loved it! The instructors wanted you to succeed, they were informative, and they helped in any way they could. The classes were about 40 people and there was a lot of group work involved. Course work was relevant and interesting and could be applied into real-life. Co-op was available and really helped in jumpstarting your career. If you're into group work, marketing and events, and collaborating, this program is for you! Loved this program and wish I took it sooner!