Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Aug 25
Sep 6-Aug 25
Long recognized for excellence in animation, digital media and technology, Sheridan now brings an innovative, multidisciplinary approach to the study of video game development. The graduate certificate in Game Development – Advanced Programming presents a one-of-a-kind learning opportunity.
Developed in response to industry need, Sheridan Game Development courses encompass both 2D and 3D game development. You’ll learn advanced game programming techniques, utilize industry-standard technologies, and apply your programming skills to animation, artificial intelligence and multiplayer systems.
What You’ll Learn
- Identify, choose, and implement appropriate algorithmic, programming, and mathematical techniques to develop software components for various aspects of computer games, such as character control, scene management, artificial intelligence, graphics and animation, etc.
- Create prototype games or game fragments by integrating original software components with existing professional tools, such as game engines, middleware, and common application programming interfaces.
- Develop and maintain software in a team environment using collaborative tools and technologies reflective of industry practices, including source control, build management, deployment, bug tracking, etc.
- Plan, prioritize, and manage tasks related to software development in a team environment.
- Evaluate and select appropriate hardware and software platforms for a particular game strategy.
- Design, create, and present a technical design document for a computer game or game component.
- Develop and maintain software documentation and communicate technical ideas using verbal, written, and digital communication skills.
- Test, debug, and optimize a game or game component to meet production requirements.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Aug 25
Student Reviews (1)
There's a weird narrative out there about Sheridan only caring about international students. I'm a domestic student and I finished my advanced diploma in marketing last year, which included the search marketing course. My profs were industry profession...
There's a weird narrative out there about Sheridan only caring about international students. I'm a domestic student and I finished my advanced diploma in marketing last year, which included the search marketing course. My profs were industry professionals who were extremely helpful and approachable. Most of them knew me by my first name.
I'm working at an agency in downtown Toronto right now and loving every second of it. I highly recommend the school and the program.