Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jan 3-Aug 30
Jan 3-Aug 30
May 1 - Dec 20 2024
Develop your career in all facets of the hospitality industry. Enjoy hands-on training and real-world experience with a paid co-op work term.
Imagine an exciting hospitality career working at places such as five-star hotels, luxurious resorts, restaurants, clubs, and cruise lines. Hospitality professionals work with diverse clientele all over the world. Students are immersed in an innovative curriculum taught by faculty with valuable industry expertise. Learning takes place through extensive experiential opportunities including field trips, practical labs, workplace certifications, and study and travel abroad. Emphasis is put on both the food and beverage and rooms divisions of a hotel or resort property, and strategic industry partnerships complement student learning.
Graduates from this program may find positions in the following sectors: hotels, resorts, clubs, cruise lines, restaurants, attractions, airlines, industry suppliers and ancillary services in health care and education.
What You’ll Learn
- Support an industry and workplace service culture by adopting a positive attitude and professional decorum, accommodating diverse and special needs, and contributing as a team member.
- Deliver customer service and solutions that anticipate, meet and/or exceed individual expectations, as well as organizational expectations, standards and objectives.
- Use marketing concepts, market research, social networks, sales and revenue management strategies, relationship management skills and product knowledge to promote and sell hospitality services, products and guest experiences.
- Apply business and revenue models as well as basic accounting, budgeting, financial and administration skills to support the effective management and operation of a variety of organizations delivering hospitality services and products.
- Comply with relevant organization and workplace systems, processes, policies, standards, legal obligations and regulations, and apply risk management principles, to support and maintain efficient, safe, secure, accessible and healthy hospitality operations.
- Use appropriate technologies to enhance the quality and delivery of hospitality services, products and guest experiences and to measure the effectiveness of hospitality operations.
- Keep current with hospitality trends and issues, and interdependent relationships in the broader tourism industry sectors to improve work performance and guide career development.
- Use leadership, teamwork, conflict and relationship management skills and tools, as well as knowledge of organizational behaviour, labour relations, employment standards and human rights to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Respond to issues and dilemmas arising in the delivery of hospitality services, products and guest experiences by using and promoting ethical behaviour and best practices of corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability.
- Apply the principles of entrepreneurial thinking into a variety of hospitality industry scenarios and situations.
- Apply knowledge of cultural fluency and awareness in the global community.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Jan 3-Aug 30