Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jan 3-Aug 25
Jan 3-Aug 25
Security violations, data breaches, privacy failures and other technology failures are in the news every day and pose a growing threat to business and personal information. This eight-month, full-time graduate certificate program provides students with the security background needed in network technologies, computing hardware, operating systems and protocols to harden and further secure such systems from attack.
Students develop, evaluate and support information technology (IT) security solutions by creating cost-effective and secure computing environments that will safeguard networked computer systems, including both on-premise and cloud-based systems. This program helps students become skilled in formulating and organizing security policies and procedures to protect corporate information assets including legal, regulatory and governance issues, and teaches how to detect various hacking and penetration attacks. Students also learn from leaders and industry-connected professors in industry-standard labs.
What You’ll Learn
- Apply knowledge of computer operating systems, networking, and various application to the simulation of business processes.
- Develop best practices to protect business resources through the application of knowledge of vulnerabilities and exploits.
- Develop security strategies for the deployment of security procedures and protective devices.
- Integrate information technology strategies that support business functions by employing knowledge of best practices of business processes and systems.
- Develop security plans and strategies to include acceptable use of business information and systems by internal employees, contractors, consultants, business partners and customers.
- Develop security plans and strategies to ensure the integrity of information in compliance with best practices, relevant policies, standards, and regulations.
- Apply project management principles in the deployment of security policies and strategies.
- Perform security audits to ensure compliance with security plans, policies, standards, regulations and best practices.
- Develop and deliver a corporate training program to communicate both orally and in writing the security requirements for compliance with security policies.
- Prepare security documentation for approval by senior management and present results of security audits.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Jan 3-Aug 25
Student Reviews (1)
This is a good local college with pretty strong networks around Oshawa and Ontario. They even have a decent reputation for applied technical research with loads of support from the City of Oshawa and partnerships with Ontario Tech and others schools (s...
This is a good local college with pretty strong networks around Oshawa and Ontario. They even have a decent reputation for applied technical research with loads of support from the City of Oshawa and partnerships with Ontario Tech and others schools (same campus).
Campus life will be more exciting at universities and other colleges, but I was working with a young family when I started my program and that didn't matter to me. Definitely an international student body and with new buildings going up it seems there's a lot of growth happening.
The most important thing for me was that they had great profs who cared about my success and made introductions for me to industry. Overall, very happy with my decision.