Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 3-May 2
Sep 3-May 2
Jan 6 - Sep 5 2025
Security violations, data breaches, privacy failures and other technology failures are in the news every day and pose a growing threat to business and personal information. This eight-month, full-time graduate certificate program provides students with the security background needed in network technologies, computing hardware, operating systems and protocols to harden and further secure such systems from attack.
Students develop, evaluate and support information technology (IT) security solutions by creating cost-effective and secure computing environments that will safeguard networked computer systems, including both on-premise and cloud-based systems. This program helps students become skilled in formulating and organizing security policies and procedures to protect corporate information assets including legal, regulatory and governance issues, and teaches how to detect various hacking and penetration attacks. Students also learn from leaders and industry-connected professors in industry-standard labs.
What You’ll Learn
- Apply knowledge of computer operating systems, networking, and various application to the simulation of business processes.
- Develop best practices to protect business resources through the application of knowledge of vulnerabilities and exploits.
- Develop security strategies for the deployment of security procedures and protective devices.
- Integrate information technology strategies that support business functions by employing knowledge of best practices of business processes and systems.
- Develop security plans and strategies to include acceptable use of business information and systems by internal employees, contractors, consultants, business partners and customers.
- Develop security plans and strategies to ensure the integrity of information in compliance with best practices, relevant policies, standards, and regulations.
- Apply project management principles in the deployment of security policies and strategies.
- Perform security audits to ensure compliance with security plans, policies, standards, regulations and best practices.
- Develop and deliver a corporate training program to communicate both orally and in writing the security requirements for compliance with security policies.
- Prepare security documentation for approval by senior management and present results of security audits.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 3-May 2
Student Reviews (4)
I enjoyed my time at Durham College. It is a great school for the Dental Assisting program. The faculty are easy to approach and really do strive to help you succeed. I am witness to the staff that took the extra time out of their schedules out of c...
I enjoyed my time at Durham College. It is a great school for the Dental Assisting program. The faculty are easy to approach and really do strive to help you succeed. I am witness to the staff that took the extra time out of their schedules out of class time to help those that needed extra assistance. So for those who say Durham does not help you to succeed... Id say it must be program specific. I was offered employment on my second week of placement. The teachers are there to get you to SUCCEED your program. After that the rest is up to you. It's all how you market yourself.
I had been studying in Durham College since January 2021 in Cyber Security program and I can say it offers best courses and teaching methods. During the pandemic situation where everything is online it has offered best remote learning experience. I wou...
I had been studying in Durham College since January 2021 in Cyber Security program and I can say it offers best courses and teaching methods. During the pandemic situation where everything is online it has offered best remote learning experience. I would really recommend to attend this college if you are looking for best education.