Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Apr 30
Sep 6-Apr 30
Jan 10 - Aug 30 2024
May 1 - Dec 21 2024
George Brown College’s Hospitality – Hotel Operations Management program exposes you to current and best practices in: Front office, Food and beverage, Marketing and sales and Conferences and catering. You will receive industry certification in food safety, responsible alcohol beverage service and first aid (CPR).
As part of your fourth semester, you will complete a 14-week industry externship with your choice of a nationwide or international placement. This opportunity will enhance your knowledge with real-world experience and help you start building your network of contacts. Hotel Operations Management program will make you the kind of multi-talented graduate the local and international hotel industry is seeking in today’s competitive environment. Graduates gain the skills required to be progressive leaders within the industry, enriching the experience of hotel guests.
This program allows you to switch into any of George Brown’s hospitality and tourism management programs by your second year, should your hospitality area of interest change. As well, they know life can be full of unexpected events; should you not be able to complete your final year of study, our common first year model makes you eligible to graduate with a 1-year certificate in Hospitality Services.
What You’ll Learn
- Support an industry and workplace service culture by adopting a positive attitude and professional decorum, accommodating diverse and special needs and contributing as a team member.
- Deliver customer service and solutions that anticipate, meet and/or exceed individual expectations, as well as organizational expectations, standards and objectives.
- Use marketing concepts, market research, social networks, sales and revenue management strategies, relationship management skills and product knowledge to promote and sell hospitality services, products and guest experiences.
- Apply business and revenue models as well as basic accounting, budgeting, financial and administration skills to support the effective management and operation of a variety of organizations delivering hospitality services and products.
- Comply with relevant organization and workplace systems, processes, policies, standards, legal obligations and regulations, and apply risk management principles, to support and maintain efficient, safe, secure, accessible and healthy hospitality operations.
- Use appropriate technologies to enhance the quality and delivery of hospitality services, products and guest experiences and to measure the effectiveness of hospitality operations.
- Keep current with hospitality trends and issues, and interdependent relationships in the broader tourism industry sectors to improve work performance and guide career development.
- Use leadership, teamwork, conflict and relationship management skills and tools, as well as knowledge of organizational behaviour, labour relations, employment standards and human rights to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Respond to issues and dilemmas arising in the delivery of hospitality services, products and guest experiences by using and promoting ethical behaviour and best practices of corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Sep 6-Apr 30
Student Reviews (8)
This program is all hands-on all the time. The lessons and strategies I learned in the classroom helped prepare me for the exact challenges I faced in the classroom. Instructors were dedicated and empathetic. Best of all, there were more available fiel...
This program is all hands-on all the time. The lessons and strategies I learned in the classroom helped prepare me for the exact challenges I faced in the classroom. Instructors were dedicated and empathetic. Best of all, there were more available field placements than there were students. Early childhood educators can't go wrong at George Brown in my opinion.
I had to adapt during a hard year of learning online at GB. I'm better at studying and learning and I had to practice discipline but I got a lot of support this year from teachers and support staff. The staff were doing their best. I just want to say t...
I had to adapt during a hard year of learning online at GB. I'm better at studying and learning and I had to practice discipline but I got a lot of support this year from teachers and support staff. The staff were doing their best. I just want to say thanks for that as an international student in Brazil. I'm hoping to see everyone in downtown Toronto next year!