Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jan 3-Dec 20
Jan 3-Dec 20
May 1 - Apr 25 2025
This program will prepare graduates for leadership positions in the growing hospitality industry in venues that include hotels, resorts, restaurants, bars, catering and conference centres, and in additional industries such as sporting arenas, recreational facilities, and independent and assisted living facilities. The hospitality student will develop and practice the skills for success in lodging operations, food and beverage operations, and the growth areas of recreational foodservice and wineries. These transferrable skills include guest relations, marketing, financial management, human resources, and event planning.
What You’ll Learn
- Support an industry and workplace service culture by adopting a positive attitude and professional decorum, accommodating diverse and special needs, and contributing as a team member.
- Deliver customer service and solutions that anticipate, meet and/or exceed individual expectations, as well as organizational expectations, standards and objectives.
- Use marketing concepts, market research, social networks, sales and revenue management strategies, relationship management skills and product knowledge to promote and sell hospitality services, products and guest experiences.
- Apply business and revenue models as well as basic accounting, budgeting, financial and administration skills to support the effective management and operation of a variety of organizations delivering hospitality services and products.
- Comply with relevant organization and workplace systems, processes, policies, standards, legal obligations and regulations, and apply risk management principles, to support and maintain efficient, safe, secure, accessible and healthy hospitality operations.
- Use appropriate technologies to enhance the quality and delivery of hospitality services, products and guest experiences and to measure the effectiveness of hospitality operations.
- Keep current with hospitality trends and issues, and interdependent relationships in the broader tourism industry sectors to improve work performance and guide career development.
- Use leadership, teamwork, conflict and relationship management skills and tools, as well as knowledge of organizational behaviour, labour relations, employment standards and human rights to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Respond to issues and dilemmas arising in the delivery of hospitality services, products and guest experiences by using and promoting ethical behaviour and best practices of corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Jan 3-Dec 20