Ready to learn more?
Next Cohort: Jan 8-Dec 17
Jan 8-Dec 17
The Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours) (BCS) degree is a four-year program, including three paid co-op work terms, which will prepare graduates for a number of progressive job opportunities as high quality software developers. Building upon the recognized foundations of computer science, students will obtain applied and integrated knowledge and skills in software quality, reliability and security, emphasizing: testing methodologies, software project management techniques and a strong awareness of security/privacy issues.
Featuring a multidisciplinary curriculum founded on computer science theory and its application, this degree offers experiential learning activities designed to produce career-ready graduates. With an eye to the future, the degree will introduce students to the latest emerging fields: Big Data Analysis, Cybersecurity, Cloud Computing, and the Internet of Things.
What You’ll Learn
- Apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science techniques to create, test and evaluate computing solutions.
- Apply knowledge of software / hardware to refine software designs and enhance software quality.
- Creatively design and develop robust software systems that meet the specified functional and non-functional design requirements in accordance with industry best practices and standards as well as economic, environmental, cultural and societal considerations.
- Apply research and critical thinking skills to evaluate current techniques, skills, tools, strategies, and methodologies used in the management, testing and design of computing systems to adapt and improve development outcomes.
- Evaluate risk using software quality management principles and project risk management practices to support decisions in computing systems development processes.
- Apply concepts of human relations and organizational behaviour when leading diverse teams in support of establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Apply principles and practices of financial, entrepreneurial, risk and business management in the process of high quality computing systems development.
- Communicate complex concepts to technical and non-technical audiences using written, oral, and graphical methods producing effective reports, presentations, design documentation, and instructions.
- Interpret professional, ethical, and legal codes of practice required to be in compliance with legislation and professional standards, and to protect the public and public interest.
- Apply professional ethics, accountability and equity to demonstrate, value, and respect diversity across global and societal contexts.
- Address individual needs for continuing education and professional development to maintain technical and professional competence, and to contribute to the advancement of knowledge.
- Analyze and/or create high-quality complex computing solutions within leading-edge areas of specialization in computer science.
Ready to get started?
Next Cohort: Jan 8-Dec 17
Student Reviews (9)
Demand for therapists is hotter than it is for developers. Conestoga was a great experience with really knowledgeable instructors and practice for students at the Doon clinic. I attended as a mature student and am really liking the switch from my old j...
Demand for therapists is hotter than it is for developers. Conestoga was a great experience with really knowledgeable instructors and practice for students at the Doon clinic. I attended as a mature student and am really liking the switch from my old job in retail.
Lots of work-integrated (WIL) learning and amazing community feel to this program at Conestoga. Invaluable experience in a kindergarten classroom topped off excellent classroom training by first-rate professors in this bachelor's degree program. Highly...
Lots of work-integrated (WIL) learning and amazing community feel to this program at Conestoga. Invaluable experience in a kindergarten classroom topped off excellent classroom training by first-rate professors in this bachelor's degree program. Highly recommended.